A little more about us....

Kevin and I dated for almost two and a half years before we got married, so we were very good friends and knew each other pretty well by our wedding day. I was really excited to be getting married, because all I ever really wanted out of life was to have a family, to be a wife and mother, and to create a home. Our wedding day was the happiest day of my life. The picture above is the picture we used in our wedding invitations.




Here is a picture of Kevin from our first Christmas together. Don't you love the tiny tree?






The pictures in the slideshow above this post are mostly from vacations we have taken. I really love traveling and have had some unique opportunities to get out and see the world. I have an adventurous spirit and always feel like there is more out there that I need to discover and explore.

Kevin, however, has taught me that some vacations dedicated primarily to rest and relaxation can be just as enjoyable. Together, we like taking weekend trips to nearby getaways such as San Diego, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, etc. At local venues such as these, a typical day might consist of sleeping in (just a little), venturing out to some of the local shops and restaurants, and otherwise hanging out at the motel playing Scrabble, watching TV, dining in, or going to the pool.




This picture is from a Scrabble match when we were staying in Palm Springs.











Here is a picture of us "packing in" a night out on the town in Chicago, vacationing Cindy-style.



Kevin is self-employed as a real estate broker and spends part of his time working with clients in the traditional sense of helping people buy and sell homes. At Kevin's encouragement, I got my real estate license so I could periodically help him take clients around to go house-shopping -- something I frankly confess I enjoy doing. Kevin devotes the balance of his work time to developing relatively high-end, high-tech marketing systems for other real estate professionals who then become business partners or "clients" in a different, less traditional sense. While Kevin is good at both aspects of real estate, he probably enjoys the marketing side a little more. My "real" job is as an English teacher. When we have a baby, I plan on retiring from work and becoming a full-time mom and homemaker.





Here I am whipping up some dinner in our lovely teal kitchen.







Some of our favorite pastimes include playing with our cats; watching Survivor and those good ol' cable-TV classics Man Vs. Wild and Seconds from Disaster; getting together with friends for dinner and games; going to Angels baseball games with various groups of friends and family; getting together with Kevin's parents and grandpa for dinner and a Boggle match (nobody has ever beat Kevin); and getting together with my family at my mom's house to swim, eat, and play cards.


Here is a picture of Kevin blowing bubbles for my nieces and nephews at a party at my mom's house. The grandkids get lots of love and laughs at grandma's house!


Well, I think this should give you a good feel for our family. I think we live a fairly simple life, focusing on work, church, and home. While we like to travel and enjoy the world around us, we mostly enjoy spending time together and with our families. We have a good life and a good home, and we just want a baby to share it with.