Getting to know Kevin...

Kevin is a very unique individual. He's very sensitive and is a good listener. When we were dating, I always appreciated how he took the time to know the real me. I always felt like he was looking me in the eye, trying to understand what it was I was saying, which helped me to feel very close to him. One of the things I love about Kevin is that there are a lot of male stereotypes that he just does not fit: he is never afraid to stop and ask for directions, he always reads the instructions all the way through before assembling anything, he can appreciate good music or a movie or play that has a good message, he owns no power tools, and he hates the commercials that play on male stereotypes which seem to dominate during ballgames on TV.

On the other hand, he loves sports, is very competitive no matter what type of game he is playing, can always put the TV/VCR/cable wiring back together (something I won't even attempt!), and loves to wolf down pizza and junk food -- typical male stuff. :) In the picture below Kevin is standing in front of Wrigley Field in Chicago, one of our stops on a road trip to his nephew's wedding during the summer of 2007. Kevin definitely got a kick out of visiting this historic ballfield.



In our church's singles ward, Kevin was nicknamed "the Professor" because he always had so much to contribute in class. While the nickname was a joke for most, to me, his professorial nature was one of the most attractive things about him when we were dating. In this picture, though, you can see that he has more than brains to offer. :)





Another thing I like about Kevin is how well he gets along with my family. In this picture he is sitting with my niece Emilie, who has always had a good relationship with him. Whenever we get together with my family I hardly see him because he is always off with my brothers and stepdad, talking sports, while I'm with my sisters and my mom, talking girltalk.

I am lucky to also get along very well with Kevin's family. His parents live nearby so we see them often. His sisters, on the other hand, both live out of state and yet we somehow have managed to see them nearly every summer since we've been married. His oldest sister has four grown kids whom I've really come to know and love. This picture was taken at Bryce Canyon, where we stopped on our way to Utah to visit Kevin's family.





Here is Kevin eating Mexican food (our favorite!) on our first anniversary trip to Santa Barbara. Mmmm, yummy.













In the picture below, Kevin is showing off his "flying fish" that was caught on our second-anniversary trip to Catalina Island.







When we bought our home it was approaching 30 years old and needed some cosmetic upgrades. I took this picture of Kevin scraping the popcorn off the ceiling in our entryway to document our home remodeling efforts.








In general, Kevin is a likable guy whose goofy side is often more visible than his serious side. Because of this, people always like him and feel at ease with him. But he is also a serious person who wants to make the right decisions and live his life right, which is the thing I love about him. Hopefully these pictures have given you a good feel for him.